Good lifelong skin care practices, including effective sun protection, are particularly important in people prone to acne.
- Acne is not just ‘part of growing up’. It is one of the most common skin conditions, and has an enormous physical and psychological impact if left untreated.
- The classification of acne is based on the different types of lesions present and can be divided into mild, moderate and severe.
- Acne management should involve consideration of disease pathogenesis and comorbidities in each patient.
- Avoidance of scarring is fundamental in the management of acne.
- Good rapport and patient education are vital for compliance with therapy and for long-term improvement.