Welcome to Medicine Today’s website. We hope you enjoy reading the content available here. If you have any comments or questions on any aspect of this website, please let us know by completing the Contact Us form.
Eleven or 12 issues of Medicine Today are published annually. The full text of all Feature Articles and Regular Series articles published in Medicine Today since January 2000 is available on this website. For more information on the editorial content of Medicine Today, read our About Medicine Today section.
What’s available to Australian healthcare professionals and subscribers?
Access to all full text articles
Australian healthcare professionals who have an Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) number, medical students and paid subscribers to the online and/or print editions of Medicine Today have immediate access to all content on this website. This includes access to the full text of all Feature Articles and Regular Series articles, as well as Supplements, Clinical Flowcharts, Patient Handouts and the Dermatology Quiz. They also have immediate access to the websites of the sister publications: Cardiology Today, Endocrinology Today, Respiratory Medicine Today and Pain Management Today.
Access to Medicine Today’s Online CPD Journal Program
By taking part in Medicine Today’s Online Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Journal Program you can earn points towards your vocational registration requirements, keep up to date and review your clinical knowledge.
Medicine Today’s CPD Journal Program is accredited by the:
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) for its Quality Improvement and Continuing Professional Development (QI&CPD) Program
Each month we add two new CPD modules to our program. The modules are based on the in-depth Feature Articles published in Medicine Today. GPs can earn 3 category 2 CPD points by completing each CPD module online.
The following email alerts are available to all subscribers and registered users:
- Current issue content alerts for the Medicine Today Group journals (Medicine Today, Endocrinology Today, Respiratory Medicine Today, Cardiology Today, Pain Management Today) – sent on publication of each new journal issue..
- Dermatology Collection content alert – sent on publication of each collection.
- Supplement alerts – sent when a new collection of articles covering a specific disease state is published by Medicine Today.
- Dermatology Quiz alert – sent when a new quiz is published online.
- Weekend Read – a collated collection of articles published in the Medicine Today Group journals sent each Saturday.
To receive email alerts you need to register and create an account with Medicine Today and make sure the email alert boxes are selected. You can subscribe or unsubscribe to, and modify, these alerts at any time by visiting the notifications section of your Account page.
Subscription options and rates
We have several subscription options and rates, including special rates for medical students wishing to receive our print journals. Read our Subscription information to find out more about these rates.
Already a print subscriber?
Claim your online access by contacting our Subscription Manager using the Contact Us form.
What’s available to nonsubscribers?
- search past issues for articles
- read abstracts and key points or introductory extracts of all articles
- access all patient handouts
- read one open access article in each issue of Medicine Today
- if registered on the website, receive email alerts, as noted above.
How to access content
Accessing full text articles
You must be logged in before you can read the full text of all articles (excluding open access articles) and download pdfs. The Log In button is found at the top right hand corner of each page. If you are not a subscriber, you will be directed to a page to purchase a subscription before you can access the full text or download the pdf. Pdf links to articles are located next to the article abstract.
Links to Recent Articles on similar subject areas, Patient Handouts and Supplements are found on the abstract pages of each article. If an article has been updated and published at a later date in a Medicine Today supplement you will be directed to the revised article.
There are various ways you can browse the content on this website.
- Past Issues: browse our content by year and month of publication.
- Topics: browse articles by broad topic areas.
- Article Type: browse our content by specific type of article – e.g. Feature Articles, Regular Series, Clinical News, etc.
- Patient Handouts: look for patient handouts according to topic area – our Patient Handouts are available free of charge to nonsubscribers, as well as subscribers.
- Clinical Flowcharts: find articles that include flowcharts to help guide the diagnosis, investigation and management of various conditions.
- Supplements: read our collections of Medicine Today articles on specific disease states.
- Multimedia: watch video highlights from conferences and videos and podcasts on specific topics
Search for an article by clicking the magnifying glass icon found at the top right of each page. You can then perform a Simple search, by title words, keywords and/or author names, or a more specific search (for example by phrases, date of publication, author name, type of article, etc), using the Advanced search tab.
Ordering back issues of Medicine Today
Information on the cost of back copies in print, and order requests for these, can be made by contacting our Subscription Manager using the Contact Us form.
If you would like to seek permission to reproduce any material from Medicine Today please complete the Contact Us form.