- What's available to registered Australian GPs and subscribers?
- What's available to nonsubscribers?
- How to access content
Welcome to Medicine Today's website. We hope you enjoy reading the content available here. If you have any comments or questions on any aspect of this website, please let us know by completing the Contact us form.
Twelve issues of Medicine Today are published annually. The full text of all Feature Articles and Regular Series articles published in Medicine Today since January 2000 can be downloaded from this website. For more information on the editorial content of Medicine Today, read our About Medicine Today section.
Full text articles are available on this site as pdfs.
What's available to registered Australian GPs and subscribers?
Free access to all full text articles
Registered Australian GPs and subscribers to the online and/or print editions of Medicine Today have free and immediate access to all content on this website. This includes access to the full text of all Feature Articles and Regular Series articles, as well as Supplements, Clinical Flowcharts, Patient Handouts and the Dermatology Quiz.
Access to Medicine Today's Online CPD Journal Program
By taking part in Medicine Today's Online Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Journal Program you can earn points towards your vocational registration requirements, keep up to date and review your clinical knowledge.
Medicine Today's CPD Journal Program is accredited by the:
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) for its Quality Improvement and Continuing Professional Development (QI&CPD) Program
Each month we add two new CPD modules to our program. The modules are based on the in-depth Feature Articles published in Medicine Today. GPs can earn 3 category 2 CPD points by completing each CPD module online.
The following email alerts are available to all subscribers and registered users:
- Current issue content alerts - sent monthly on publication of each new issue of Medicine Today.
- Supplement alerts - sent when a new collection of articles covering a specific disease state is published by Medicine Today.
- Dermatology Quiz alert - sent fortnightly as a reminder that a new online quiz is available.
To receive email alerts you need to register and create an account with Medicine Today and make sure the email alert boxes are selected. You can subscribe or unsubscribe to, and modify, these alerts at any time by visiting the notifications section of your My Account page.
Subscription options and rates
We have several subscription options and rates, including special rates for medical students. Read our Subscription information to find out more about these rates.
Already a print subscriber?
Claim your online access by contacting our Subscription Manager using the Contact us form.
What's available to nonsubscribers?
Nonsubscribers have free access to:
- all Patient Handouts, and
- the full text of the Dermatology Quiz
In addition, nonsubscribers can:
- search past issues for articles, and
- read abstracts and key points or introductory extracts of all articles
How to access content
Accessing full text articles
Pdf links to articles are located next to the article abstract. You must be logged in before you can download a pdf. The Log In button is found at the top right hand corner of each page. If you are not a subscriber, you will be directed to a page to purchase a subscription before you can download the pdf.
Links to Recent Articles on similar subject areas, Patient Handouts and Supplements are found on the abstract pages of each article. If an article has been updated and published at a later date in a Medicine Today Supplement you will be directed to the revised article.
There are various ways you can browse the content on this website.
- Past issues: browse our content by year and month of publication.
- Topics: browse articles by broad topic areas.
- Patient Handouts: look for patient handouts according to topic area - our Patient Handouts are available free of charge to nonsubscribers, as well as subscribers.
- Clinical Flowcharts: find articles that include flowcharts to help guide the diagnosis, investigation and management of various conditions.
- Supplements: read our collections of Medicine Today articles on specific disease states.
Search for an article on a particular subject by using the Search box found at the top right of each page. Alternatively, to carry out a more specific search (for example by keywords, phrases, date of publication, author name, type of article, etc), use the Advanced search link, found under the Search box.
Ordering back issues of Medicine Today
Information on the cost of back copies, and order requests for these, can be made by contacting our Subscription Manager using the Contact us form.
If you would like to seek permission to reproduce any material from Medicine Today please complete the Contact us form.