This statement sets out how Medicine Today Pty Limited (We, Our, or Us) collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage your personal information. Personal information is information about you that identifies you.
What personal information do We collect?
We collect personal information from a user that is necessary for carrying on Our activities, including providing access to Our "Subscriber Section", and / or Our Continuing Professional Development program.
We collect information on your name and contact details including, address, email, phone, and IP address (where required). If you are a health professional, we collect additional details about your professional status and Practitioner Registration Number. This is needed to properly verify you and manage your ability to view any restricted therapeutic goods information that may appear on the Website.
If you are a doctor who is eligible to participate in Australian Quality Assurance and Continuing Professional Development (QI & CPD) or Professional Development Program (PDP), we may also ask you for details on college membership, practice classification (urban, rural, remote), year of graduation, gender, ACCRM PDP number and/or RACGP QI & CPD number, so that you are able to satisfy your program obligations (if required).
How do We collect your personal information?
Most personal information is provided when you register with Us to access our content. We may also record information, such as current contact or professional details, when corresponding with you by e-mail, via the Website, in writing, over the telephone or in person.
How do We use your personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
- support of the activity for which the information was provided, such as allowing access to or delivery of our products or services, processing or fulfilling an order, or responding to your requests or inquiries, or facilitating the publishing of your article/work;
- verify that you are an Australian healthcare practitioner (if relevant);
- tailor your experience of our Website to your interests and / or qualifications;
- communicate with you about the Website, or the information, the services and the promotions offered on the Website;
- provide information about other events, promotions, products or services that We believe would interest you (which you can tell Us not to do at any time);
- help Us to research, run and improve the Website, or
- comply with legal obligations.
Disclosure of personal information to other persons?
We only disclose personal information in order to fulfil our business and administrative functions, including when disclosure is necessary to perform a technical service, complete a transaction on your behalf; provide you with a product, service or activity you have requested; help Us with the running of Our Website; or for security reasons.
In order to provide some services, it may be necessary to provide personal information to third parties. We require that third parties only use your personal information for the specific purpose for which it was given, and protect the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information.
We may provide your personal information to:
- outsourced service providers who perform functions on Our behalf, such as organisations providing security services, conducting market research, providing advertising/marketing services, or providing hosting, email or mail handling services to Us or Our service providers;
- the RACGP or ACRRM (depending on whether you are using the website to meet your QI & CPD or PDP obligations);
- anyone authorised by you to receive your personal information (your consent may be express or implied and can be withdrawn at any time);
- an actual or prospective purchaser in the event We sell part of Our business, and
- anyone We are required by law to disclose it to.
We may also pool information collected from you (including information on the web pages you visit) to generate de-identified reports about the use of our Website. We may share those reports with our sponsors and partners. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties to undertake direct marketing unless you authorise Us to do so.
If you would like to view or alter any permission you have granted Us to send communications to you, please login to your personal Profile page and see the "Opt-Ins" section.
How We store your personal information?
We take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is kept secure. Your personal information is stored on secure servers or is protected in controlled facilities.
In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Us. However, Medicine Today will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information. You can also play an important role keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on the Website. Please notify Us urgently if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other users or if any other breach of security occurs.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain the personal information we collect from you for as long as the information is relevant to the purposes for which it was provided, or until you request that we remove the data by contacting Us at the address or telephone number detailed below.
Access to your personal Information and how to contact Us
To ensure that We hold your most up-to-date personal information, please login to your personal Profile page to keep Us informed of any changed details.
If you have any questions, or concerns, or wish us to provide you with a copy of your personal information from our records, please contact Us by email at [email protected] or by mail: Attn: Privacy Officer, Medicine Today, PO Box 1473 Neutral Bay NSW 2089; or by calling Us on (02) 9908 8577.
Further information on privacy
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the web site of the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may vary this Privacy Statement at any time. The Privacy Statement posted on this Website will be deemed to be the Privacy Policies then in effect.