1. Saewyc EM, Bearinger LH, Blum RW, Resnick MD. Sexual intercourse, abuse and pregnancy among adolescent women: does sexual orientation make a difference? Fam Plann Perspect 1999; 31: 127-131.
2. Grulich AE, de Visser RO, Badcock PB, et al. Knowledge about and experience of sexually transmissible infections in a representative sample of adults: the Second Australian Study of Health and Relationships. Sex Health 2014; 11: 481-494.
3. Vodstrcil LA, Walker SM, Hocking JS, et al. Incident bacterial vaginosis (BV) in women who have sex with women is associated with behaviors that suggest sexual transmission of BV. Clin Infect Dis 2015; 60: 1042-1053.
4. Bradshaw CS, Walker SM, Vodstrcil LA, et al. The influence of behaviors and relationships on the vaginal microbiota of women and their female partners: the WOW Health Study. J Infect Dis 2014; 209: 1562-1572.
5. Douglas C, Deacon R, Mooney-Somers J. Pap smear rates among Australian community-attached lesbian and bisexual women: some good news but disparities persist. Sex Health 2015; 12: 249-256.
6. Crouch SR, McNair RP, Waters EB, Power JJ. What makes a same-sex parented family? Med J Aust 2013; 199: 94-96.
7. Dempsey D. Same-sex parented families in Australia. Canberra: Child Family Community Australia, Australian Institute of Family Studies; 2013. CFCA Paper number 18.
8. Zimmerman L, Darnell D, Rhew I, Lee C, Kaysen D. Resilience in community: a social ecological development model for young adult sexual minority women. Am J Community Psychol 2015; 55: 179-190.
9. Needham BL, Austin EL. Sexual orientation, parental support, and health during the transition to young adulthood. J Youth Adolesc 2010; 39: 1189-1198.
10. Legate N, Ryan RM, Weinstein N. Is coming out always a ‘good thing’? Exploring the relations of autonomy support, outness, and wellness for lesbian, gay, and bisexual individuals. Soc Psychol Personal Sci 2012; 3: 145-152.
11. Meyer IH. Prejudice, social stress, and mental health in lesbian, gay, and bisexual populations: conceptual issues and research evidence. Psychol Bull 2003; 129: 674-697.
12. Szalacha LA, Hughes TL, McNair R, Loxton D. Mental health, sexual identity, and interpersonal violence: findings from the Australian Longitudinal Women’s Health Study. BMC Women's Health 2017; 17: 94.
13. Messinger AM. Invisible victims: same-sex IPV in the National Violence Against Women Survey. J Interpers Violence 2011; 26: 2228-2243.
14. Badenes-Ribera L, Bonilla-Campos A, Frias-Navarro D, Pons-Salvador G, Monterde IBH. Intimate partner violence in self-identified lesbians: a systematic review of its prevalence and correlates. Trauma Violence Abuse 2016; 17: 284-297.
15. LGBTIQ Domestic Violence Interagency; Centre for Social Research in Health, University of NSW. Calling it what it really is. A report into lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse, intersex and queer experiences of domestic and family violence. Sydney: University of New South Wales; 2014.
16. Perales F, Todd A. Structural stigma and the health and wellbeing of Australian LGB populations: exploiting geographic variation in the results of the 2017 same-sex marriage plebiscite. Soc Sci Med 2018; 208: 190-199.
17. Jones T, Brown A, Carnie L, Fletcher G, Leonard W. Preventing harm, promoting justice. Responding to LGBT conversion therapy in Australia. Human Rights Law Centre; 2018. Available online at: https://apo.org.au/node/197131 (accessed April 2019).
18. Kelly J, Davis C, Schlesinger C. Substance use by same sex attracted young people: prevalence, perceptions and homophobia. Drug Alcohol Rev 2015; 34: 358-365.
19. Hughes T, Szalacha LA, McNair R. Substance abuse and mental health disparities: comparisons across sexual identity groups in a national sample of young Australian women. Soc Sci Med 2010; 71: 824-831.
20. McNair R, Pennay A, Hughes T, et al. A model for lesbian, bisexual and queer-related influences on alcohol consumption and implications for policy and practice. Cult Health Sex 2016; 18: 405-421.
21. Reynolds R, Edmonds S, Ansara YG. Silver rainbows: advances in Australian ageing and aged care. Australas J Ageing 2015; 34: 5-7.
22. Peisah C, Burns K, Edmonds S, Brodaty H. Rendering visible the previously invisible in health care: the ageing LGBTI communities. Med J Aust 2018; 209: 106-108.
23. McNair RP, Rajkhowa A. Multiple identities and their intersections with queer health and wellbeing. J Intercult Stud 2017; 38: 443-452.
24. McNair R, Andrews C, Parkinson S, Dempsey D. LGBTQ homelessness: risks, resilience, and access to services in Victoria. Melbourne: The University of Melbourne; 2017.
25. McNair R, Szalacha LA, Hughes TL. Health status, health service use, and satisfaction according to sexual identity of young Australian women. Women's Health Issues 2011; 21: 40-47.
26. McNair R, Hegarty K, Taft A. Disclosure for same-sex attracted women enhancing the quality of the patient-doctor relationship in general practice. Aust Fam Physician 2015; 44: 573-578.