We continue our foray into menopause and its management. Part 1 of this article discussed how differently individual women experience the menopause and the importance of tailoring management accordingly.
- It is important to gain an understanding of the woman’s attitude towards and experience of medication.
- Every woman should be offered the choices for the management for her individual postmenopausal problems.
- Decision making about management is between the woman and her doctor.
- Balance the individual risks and benefits of treatment options with every woman.
- Continuing care requires regular visits to reappraise the dynamic situation.